UGC NTA - NET/JRF COACHING
UGC NET or NTA-UGC-NET is the examination for determining the eligibility for the post of assistant professor and/or Junior Research Fellowship award in Indian universities and colleges. The examination is conducted by National Testing Agency on behalf of the University Grants Commission. Till July 2018, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducted the UGC NET exam, which the NTA has been conducting since December 2018. Currently, the exam is being conducted twice a year in the months of June and December in online mode.
NTA UGC National Eligibility Test
|Developer / Administrator||National Testing Agency|
|Duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Score / grade range||0–100 (Paper I) 0–200 (Paper II)|
|Score / grade validity||Three years (for JRF) Lifetime (for Assistant Professor)|
Jobs for NET Qualified Candidates.
University Grants Commission (UGC) announced in 2013 that the candidates who clear the NET successfully would be eligible for lucrative also for private college lectureship jobs in public sector undertakings (Psus). Psus can use UGC-NET scores for the recruitment process of the posts of executives in their organization in disciplines like science (R&D), management, corporate communications, human resources, and finance. This step taken by the UGC would also increase the number of students taking the UGC-NET examination which has witnessed a gradual decline in recent years.
• National Testing Agency (NTA) has been established as a premier, specialist, autonomous and self-sustained testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for admission/fellowship in higher educational institutions.
• To assess competence of candidates for admissions and recruitment has always been a challenge in terms of matching with research based international standards, efficiency, transparency and error free delivery. The National Testing Agency is entrusted to address all such issues using best in every field, from test preparation, to test delivery and to test marking.
Research & teaching is the part and parcel of individual’s life, which are directly linked: Nexus India Learning actively ensures that teaching and practicing is not removed from contemporary research. The scholars of the universities includes establishment of cross- disciplinary centers of excellence for creating knowledge in new era, provide resources and facilities to support research at part with the best universities approaches the India and develop mechanisms to involves learners in research as an integral part of their practices.
Nexus India Learning provides coaching classes for NET/JRF Coaching in Delhi to help candidates staying in Delhi with their preparation for upcoming NET/JRF Exams.
Our Faculty includes study material, class schedule as well as life time facility for free online/offline mocks of any competitive exam .The CBT NET Mock Test Prepared by us is as per the guidelines of SSC and the best in the industry.
If you are unable to visit us, we have prepared an exhaustive CBT NET Course for students. You can also order the complete course in Pen Drive and study at your home at your own pace.
At Nexus India Learningthe only thing that we have to offer is the ‘Best’ for our candidates as we never compromise with the quality of education we provide, which in turns keep us as a market leader in NET/JRF.
Features & Facilities
• Skilled faculty: we have a keen group of faculty that is inclined towards the all-round professional growth of the students. They provide contenders with necessary guidance and knowledge to scale net/jrf exams with ease.
• Quality course content: nexus India learning has the most comprehensive and exhaustive course content for net/jrf exams. The course material covers all the topics of all the sections that are asked in NET/JRFexams enabling students to prepare extensively for NET exams.
• Best online tests: we offer our students with a real time feel of the examinations conducted through our well-designed test series.
• Free demo classes: we at nexus India learning provide with free demo classes to students to help them chose from the classes they want to attend.
• Extra doubt clearing sessions: we provide contenders with extra sessions apart from regular classes to clear their doubts and queries so that they can prepare efficiently for their upcoming exams.
The nexus India learning is a well renowned coaching institute for teaching entrance exams. At Nexus India learning, they provide coaching to the students aspiring to pursue their career in the teaching field. The institute provides coaching for the ma and ugc net entrance exams. At nexus India learning, the faculties are well experienced and follow a good & effective teaching pedagogy which provides a strong foundation base for the students to crack the ugc net exams. The unique learning methodology is designed by the expert team at nexus India learning which provides comprehensive package of training for ugc net entrance exams, frequent class tests, integrated study materials, intensive test series, discussion sessions along with doubt clearing & revision sessions.
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for the UGC NET for the posts of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in terms of educational qualification and upper or lower age limit are as follows, check them out and learn all about UGC NET 2022 Eligibility Criteria.
Note: If the candidate holds a L.L.M. degree either he / she belongs to reserved category or not, there is a 03 years upper age relaxation for the post of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).
What is the NET Exam?
The NET exam is National Eligibility Test which is conducted by various government agencies to select the candidates for Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) or Assistant Professor Post in various colleges in India. Candidates who want to pursue a career in research work or who want to teach students of the best colleges in the country must take the exam to get eligible for the posts. The top exams for NET are CSIR NET & UGC NET. Many states are also conducting the NET exam for their states that help them select the best candidates for the posts in their state. These exams are:
UGC NET 2022 Reservation Policy
• The reservation policy of the Government of India is applied to UGC NET as well. According to the reservation policy, in the Central Universities and Institutions that are deemed to be Universities, 10% of the seats are reserved for the category General-Economically Weaker Section (GEN-EWS), 15% of the seats are reserved for the category Scheduled Caste (SC), 7.5% for the category Scheduled Tribe (ST) and 27% for the category Other Backward Classes belonging to the Non Creamy layer”(OBC-NCL).
• Each category will have 4 (four %) reservations horizontally for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) as defined in the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwDAct, 2016) (source-Press Release by UGC).
UGC NET Minimum Qualifying Marks
The UGC NET minimum qualifying marks will be calculated in the form of an aggregate score.
Determination of cut-off score: Initially, the aggregate percentage is calculated from the candidates’ scores obtained in paper-1 & paper-2. Next, the number of available slots is taken into consideration. The qualifying criteria set by UGC are final and binding.
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus
The subject-wise topic for the Paper 1 is provided here. Check the important topics for the exam. This paper is common for all the candidates where basic knowledge about teaching, English, Reasoning, Mathematics, DI, etc. Is required.
• Teaching Aptitude: Teaching-Nature, Characteristics, Objectives and Basic requirements, Learner’s characteristics, etc.
• Research Aptitude: Research-Meaning, Types and Characteristics, Workshop and Symposium, Thesis writing: Its characteristics and format, etc.
• Comprehension: A passage of text is given. Questions are asked from the passage which needs to be answered.
• Communication: Communication, Nature, etc.
• Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude: Types of Reasoning, Mathematical aptitude.
• Logical Reasoning: Understanding the structure of arguments, Word analogy, etc.
• Data Interpretation: Sources, acquisition and classification of data, Graphical representation (bar-chart, histograms, pie-chart, table-chart and line-chart) and mapping of data.
• Information and Communication Technology (ICT):General abbreviations and terminology,Digital initiatives in higher education.
• People, Development and Environment:Millennium development and Sustainable development goals,Environmental Protection Act (1986), National Action Plan on Climate Change, International agreements/efforts -Montreal Protocol, Rio Summit, Convention on Biodiversity, Kyoto Protocol, Paris Agreement, International Solar Alliance.
• Higher Education System: Evolution of higher learning and education in ancient India as well as post- independent era, Policies, governance, and administration.
What are the UGC NET Paper 2 Subjects?
Candidates can choose one of the following lists of UGC NET subjects for paper 2. This is mandatory to select one subject from the list of 101 subjects. The important subjects are Economics, Political Science, Philosophy, Psychology, History, Commerce, Management, English, etc.
UGC NET Scoring Pattern
|Papers||Total Marks||Total Number of Questions|
|Paper 1 (General to All Students)||100 marks (50 Questions * 2 marks)||50 Questions|
|Paper 2 (Specific to Student)||200 marks (100 Questions * 2 marks)||100 Questions|
|Total||300 marks||150 Questions|
Advice for practitioner/ learners
Nexus India Learning is one of the esteemed coaching academies for UGC NET /JRF and CSIR /NET which focuses on career building and providing premium education to the students. The Learning aims at becoming the best Leading Platform in terms of quality education and guiding students to excel in their examination and strives to keep improving its facilities and imparting knowledge.